Aventura is not a place that the word FREE comes to mind. A town framed by million dollar condos and luxury retail, it seems that nothing comes free to residents and visitors. However, there are plenty of enjoyable options and things to do over the weekend.
After watching this video…are there any open walls in Aventura to make this happen?
1. Walking at the Aventura Mall – The mall is not only a place to shop and dine, but the massive property is perfect for exercising. Arrive early morning and take advantage of the wide walkways and fantastic air conditioning. A great way to stay fit and enjoy the mall without spending a penny.
2. Rainbow Valley Playground at Aventura Mall – Got small kids? The indoor playground at Aventura Mall is a perfect spot to let the kids run free.
3. Veterans Park – This park in Aventura is not as big as Founders Park, but it has its own charm. The park offers a covered playground and open fields as well as picnic tables. A perfect options for those smaller kids or practicing drills on the field.
4. PAMM free on second Saturday – Perez Art Museum Miami is free this Saturday. This is a quick drive from Aventura and worth viewing all the fine art. Enjoy absorbing some sun and culture at the same time.
5. Mozart’s Jupiter – Free symphony Wallcast at SoundScape at 500 17 St., Miami Beach. Another quick drive down South and totally worth it for a great experience in the open air.
Let’s not forget the 19th Annual Founders Day – Sunday, November 9 at Noon – 5 PM: Announcement on City website
Spend the afternoon celebrating the founding of Aventura with your friends, family and neighbors.
The community stage will light up with performances including the Aventura STAR talent finalists; Cartoon character sing-along and photo opportunities; Magician and illusionist, Gary Goodman; Community Recreation Center and ACES demonstrations; Mini performance of the hit movie “Frozen”; “What’s the Deal?“, a game show with terrific prizes.
Activities include a new 200’ zip line attraction, rock climbing walls, trampoline bungee jumping, 100 foot giant slide, games and contests, Putt-Putt golf, USTA Tennis demonstrations, live network TV football games broadcast on HDTVs, bingo and board games, interactive art and science stations, Toddler Town, face painting, get your glam on with outrageous hair styling, food trucks, and the Aventura Green Market!
Parking and Shuttle Service for Founders Day
Parking for Founders Day will be available at the Government Center, 19200 West Country Club Drive and at the Harbour Centre located at the corner of NE 29 Avenue and 188 Street. Shuttle service will be available between 11:30 AM & 5:30 PM on Founders Day.
What’s your favorite actvity to do over the weekend? Any plans coming up, let us know.