Submit a Tip! / Newsletter / Aventura Mall /
Aventura Florida 33180 header image 2

Aventura Mall – Busy for a reason

March 9th, 2012 · 11 Comments

The mall is at the center of Aventura and attracts visitors from across the globe. The constant traffic and buzzing arteries inside the mall are almost always clogged with shoppers. The mass of people is hard to ignore. A recent report by Travel & Leisure sheds insight into the crowds. This article revealed that Aventura Mall is ranked the second most visited mall in America. This was recently posted in an article by Kyle Munzenrieder on the Miami New Times blog.

Now that you know this little snippet of information, the parking issue and the flow of traffic makes sense. Well, it’ll never really make sense but at least now you can understand it.

Aventura, originally conceived as a retirement community, is on the “map” as one of the most powerful retail meccas and a luxury residential community with parks, schools, and all the other comforts of home.

Keep in mind the fact that this is America’s second most visited mall, the traffic dripping all the way out to I95 and Ives Diary has become a problem. Right now, there’s construction on Ives Diary road going on to reconstruct the system to handle the mass demand for this exit. This project and likely several others yet to begin are all an effort to manage the demand for this pocket of success. Yes, it’s frustrating if you are a local; however, these are just growing pains. The seasoned developers anticipated success, but this is a whole other level that evolved without anybody really seeing the outcome. As an example, the political situations in various South American countries caused a massive influx of people moving to Aventura. It’s a great thing, but we should be patient to deal with the changes.

Obviously those visiting check out the mall, but what would you recommend a tourist do in Aventura other than the mall? Drop a comment below.

Related posts:

1. Ready 4 Ives Dairy Road Construction
  2. Steps to better manage traffic flow
  3. Aventura Mall – There’s an app for that!
  4. Aventura Mall Holiday Sales
  5. Kim Kardashian Aventura Mall – did you go?

Tags: Aventura Mall · Community News

11 responses so far ↓

• 1 Stuart L. Werner via Facebook // Mar 9, 2012 at 10:59 am

The Apple Store

• 2 Esther Kleiman Rofe via Facebook // Mar 9, 2012 at 12:05 pm

MACY’S!!! 20% off full price Tommy Bahama thru Sunday! WOOHOO!!!

• 3 Lori Fein via Facebook // Mar 9, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Stop by and see me at Prudential Florida Realty to buy a condo so they can walk to the mall whenever they wanted and enjoy all the wonderful benefits of living in Aventura. http://www.searchaventura.com

• 4 Lloyd Feinberg via Facebook // Mar 9, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Run like hell and get far away from that Aventura traffic, you could plottz while waiting to go 5 feet

• 5 Lori Fein via Facebook // Mar 9, 2012 at 12:15 pm

That’s why you need to walk. Actually if you know what roads to take and when to stay off of US 1 you will be fine, except for last two weeks in December of course. Drive carefully.

• 6 Lloyd Feinberg via Facebook // Mar 9, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Sweety, I was born in NMB, I know the roads, it sucks!!

• 7 Munirah Rimer via Facebook // Mar 9, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Agree with Lloyd. Planning my summer escape with the kids! Long Island, my heaven .. Here we come! Who needs Heat & Traffuck?!?!? .. Yes, RUN!!!!

• 8 Brandon Kerns via Facebook // Mar 9, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Highly recommend dinner or having a coffee at The Waterways around sunset, it’s truely a hidden gem. I agree with Lori and actually live in the City; I walk to most places within Aventura.

• 9 Mariani Villanueva via Facebook // Mar 9, 2012 at 3:42 pm

go to one of the 200 mattress store Aventura has LOL

• 10 MomsAventura.com via Facebook // Mar 12, 2012 at 11:12 am

Founders Park is fun

• 11 Pat Denny // Mar 14, 2012 at 10:59 pm

I am from Whidbey Island, Washington where people are smiling, kind and helpful. I have been in Aventura for three months spending time with my first grandchild. I knew Florida would be a change from the Pacific Northwest but was in for quite the surprise when I take my life in my hands crossing in a pedestrian crosswalk. The majority of the population(there have been a few great drivers) who drive here are talking on the phone or texting and could care less about people on foot. I must always be aware that the next car around the corner may be the one that ends my life. Many people in the shops are rude and do not know how to smile. Grocery shopping is no fun at all. People here don’t look you in the eyes and smile or say hello. It has become a challenge for me to try and make eye contact to see what people will do. They either look away or frown at me. A few actually smile which is always a treat. I may be naive but I surely would not like to raise a family in this town let alone live here for any length of time. The topper was this evening. My daughter, niece, granddaughter and I were at the Aventura Mall. We were ordering something to eat at the Creperie when the person behind us got impatient with having to wait. She took her wad of gum and stuck it to the back of my two month old granddaughter’s head. When her mother picked her up from her stroller she got a handful of gum. This first time mother was so distraught that someone would violate an infant in such a way that she had to fight to control her tears. Lesson – if I ever go to this mall with this child again, I will never take my eyes off her. People beware – Aventura mall has a crazed woman who is capable to violating infants. As I walk my granddaughter in this mall, I see many mothers with small children. Please – mothers, nannies, anyone with children, do not take your eyes off your children. You never know when this maniac will strike. I will never look at Miami the same way again.