Submit a Tip! / Newsletter / Aventura Mall /
Aventura Florida 33180 header image 2

Coco and Cookie need a home

February 20th, 2009 · 10 Comments

The power of the Internet continues to amaze me everday. A few days ago I received an email from my friend Paul, it was regarding a dog owner looking to find a home for her two dogs. I read the email and was really touched by the owner’s situation. I decided I needed to help and post their story on this site. I noticed that the owner did not post her contact information; however, there was the contact information of a woman named Roxanne. So, I called Roxanne and explained that Paul sent me an email about the dogs. She had no idea who Paul was and could not believe that the email got that far. I asked if she had the contact information of the owner, she said that she didn’t and was doing this for a friend. She gave me her friend Shaun’s number. I called Shaun. He didn’t have the owner’s number, but said his wife was friends with someone who might have her information. We are still waiting on the contact info. In the meantime, if you are interested in helping these dogs comment below with your information and maybe the owner will contact you. If you are Katherine, comment with your contact info so people interested in helping can contact you.

This is the email I received….

As many of you know, we lost our home and are moving in just 2 weeks into an apartment. Unfortunately, I have still not been able to find a good home for Cookie and Coco.
We’re not able to take our beloved doggies with us and I’ve been desperately trying to find a home for both of them ‘together’. They were raised together and pine without each other. The Lab rescue has already said that they would probably separate them, so this is my last resort.

Recently I tried to take Coco out in my car alone and she TOTALLY refused to even get into the car without Cookie! She absolutely pulled back on her haunches until Cookie was by her side. Both doggies are in great health, have been spayed and have ID chips implanted under the skin. Already housebroken, trained, neutered, up to date on shots.

Cookie turned 3 December 10th and Coco will be 3 April 1st. Cookie is my mellow-yellow, and just loves her tummy rubbed. Coco is adorably funny and lives for her “ball”. She also loves the water… Cookie loves lots of attention. Both doggies are loyal and love to walk. They have been raised with my 3 kids running around all over the place, and have survived Sammy’s constant hugging and love of ‘dress-up’, so they are fantastic family dogs. This is by far one of the most difficult decisions I have ever had to make, but under the circumstances I have no choice.

Please, Please forward these pics to all you know and help me find a great home for these fabulous doggies. They are just adorable and it’s heartbreaking to let them go. In a perfect world, I hope that we could find someone local so that we can still keep in touch and visit them. I pray that someone somewhere can help us keep Cookie and Coco together, and love them just as much as we do. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

-Katherine

Related posts:

1. Venezuelan Jewish Community Attack

Tags: Uncategorized

10 responses so far ↓

• 1 Niki // Feb 24, 2009 at 10:19 am

I received the same e-mail and am trying to determine if it was legit.

The e-mail I received for Katherine was KJMorris74@yahoo.com

• 2 Seth // Feb 25, 2009 at 12:18 pm

A version of this e-mail is circulating with the name Lara Katz listed as the contact. A friend of mine contacted her and found out that she isn’t affiliated in any way with these dogs. Please don’t forward this message if Lara Katz is indicated as the contact! She is overwhelmed with people calling and e-mailing her!

• 3 Seth // Feb 25, 2009 at 12:22 pm

A little more Googling allowed me to find the Petfinder.com record:

• 4 Jill // Feb 25, 2009 at 6:25 pm

Yeah, I got the same e-mail from a co-worker who got it from a friend. So, I posted it, and I got several people wanting to help the girls right after I found out the girls are in Los Angeles! I’m in Sumter, SC. Nobody seems to know exactly what is going on.

I don’t know if there was a miscommunication somewhere or if this is just an incredibly horrible hoax.

• 5 Jill // Feb 25, 2009 at 6:28 pm

Seth, I just clicked on that link and it’s to my Petfinder page where I did a courtesy listing for the dogs after my co-worker forwarded me their story. As soon as someone wrote me and sent a link to another ad for them showing that they were in Los Angeles, I removed them from my Petfinder page. :)

This is getting crazy.

• 6 Ted // Feb 26, 2009 at 11:59 am

Thanks Jill. I think this is real and not a hoax. These dogs need a home and it’s not the fault of the owner that their email made it around the globe.

Just curious where’s everyone from that has received this email – has it truly made its way around the world?

• 7 Maggie // Mar 5, 2009 at 12:28 pm

The lady that owns the dogs is:

Yazmin Gil
    Treasure of – The Allan Morris Company
    Coral Gables, Fl.
    PH: 305-476-2611 FX: 305-476-2552

These are the numbers that appear on my e-mail about Coco & Cookie which I got last week. Hope they find a good home.

• 8 Anonymous // Mar 8, 2009 at 10:11 am

the dogs have been adopted and are in a very loving home. it was not a hoax, but they were adopted over a month ago. the owner never was anyone named Yazmin Gil and they were never in FL.thanks for your concern.

• 9 laura cohn // May 7, 2009 at 3:48 pm

i’m glad they found good homes.
    laura

• 10 Julie Peden // Oct 9, 2009 at 11:28 am

Unbelievable that this email has reached me in Barrie, Ontario. I had a friend interested in adoption them but I understand that they have been place, glad to hear. Love the power of the internet when it’s for the “good”.